Friday, March 4, 2011

A Taste of House (Part 1)

Edit: I have taken down this song temporarily. 

Nature is my go-to muse.

Last summer, all I wanted was for it to rain outside. Whenever it's a nice day outside I feel terrible about spending it inside on my computer doing whatever. When it rains, I have deny-ability -- I can't go outside because it's raining!

It also seems to be when I create the best. I tune in with the spirit of a rainy day much more than any other natural occurrence.

To cut a story short, after about two months of me wishing it would start raining, the downpour finally began one afternoon.

That is when I composed and produced "Raindrops." Creative title, right?

Anyway, it was a terribly produced track (it was only my third song ever), yet it actually received the most attention out of anything I made. Some of my friends actually spun it during shows, but I wasn't around to hear its garbage quality on nice speakers (hopefully it wasn't terrible).

Regardless, I really liked the spirit of the song. The mood I intended to convey came out perfectly.

I took the liberty of remixing it, making it faster, more danceable, a wider sound, and with better production. It's not as trance-like or moody as the original but I think this remix stands on its own merit.

Offbeat Raindrops by Mannigan Music

No comments:

Post a Comment