I'm not going to take the time to explain these games because the point of this post is to plug a newer MOBA called Bloodline Champions (or BLC).
I think that BLC has potential to be a huge competitor with the former games.
Hit the jump for similarities and differences.
- BLC mimics LoL's market structure, having "bloodcoins" (a currency won by playing the game) and Funcom points, which are attained through real cash.
- BLC also has stock classes. Healer, tank, melee dps and ranged dps all make an appearance.
- BLC has a free weekly character rotation similar to LoL's, but with less playable characters (one of each class type).
- In BLC, there is no structure destruction. It's simply a deathmatch. A team of 1 to 5 players compete against a team of similar number and last one standing wins.
- Maps are small and game time is significantly shorter. A single ranked match has a maximum time limit of two minutes (compared to the others who have 25-50 minute average games). You play to three wins though, so total matches can take up to 15 minutes.
- You control your character with WSAD as opposed to right clicking. Both mouse buttons are abilities, as well as Q, E, and R. When you build up enough "energy" (which you get by landing skills) you can press F to unleash your characters respective ultimate.
- Every single ability is a skill shot.
And most importantly...
- Match outcomes reflect your personal skill.
Oh yea, did I mention it's free to play?
Bloodline Champions Home Page
Add me in-game!